Friday, February 27, 2009
I received the Lemonade Blog Award from my sister Allison from Letter From Christ. The Lemonade Blog Award is presented to bloggers who show thankfulness and gratefulness. Thank you Allison! I am glad you think my blog worthy of this award!
You may tag up to 10 bloggers whose blog demonstrates this quality. I choose to award:
Haley from Haley Happenings
Lindsay from Content in Christ
Moriah from Growing In His Amazing Grace
Callie from Callie's Adventures
Monday, February 23, 2009
2) Pass it on to some friends, up to 15; and
Here are the people I'm passing the award on to.
Moriah from Growing In His Amazing Grace- Moriah is a dear friend and I do so enjoy visiting her blog!
Caleb from Ember Island- Caleb is another friend. His post are both funny and interesting!
Friday, February 20, 2009
The original was more purpley but I wanted it to match my room so I picked out different color green and changed the roses to pink.
Unfortunately because I did this in yellow its hard to see. It's really beautiful and incredible detail.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Pink and brown poka-dot and paisley. I made this for a friend who turned 11 it has that cute Younger look.
Blue paisley and white stripe. I gave this to Lindsay from Content In Christ when she turned 16. I fell in love with the fabric! It reminded me of her.
Blue flower and white stripe. This one I made for Lindsay's sister, Haley from Haley's Happenings on her 14th Birthday. I accidentally missed Haley's (thinking it was in March) and so she got her purse late but that gave me the opportunity to mix some of the fabrics from both purses.
It was very interesting. The white stripe fabric you see in both purses are the same but I bought them at separate times in different fabric stores!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Rules: Try to come up with as many facts about yourself as you can. If your tagged you must try to do it! Its o.k. if you don't make it all the way to 50. At least I didn't pick 100! You may use things from previous tags. Just have fun!
1. My hair's naturally curly
2. When I was five I climbed on a wall and touched a power line. (and I'm still alive!)
3. I don't have any allergies (to my knowledge I don't even get mosquito bites.)
4. I'm a VERY picky eater.
5. I took ballet when I was 5-6
6. I've taken tennis lessons.
7. I wear my watch on my right hand even though I'm right handed.
8. My favorite flower is the rose.
9. I like all shades of purple most blues and most greens.
10. I don't like eating fish but I like fishing
11. I've had a palate retainer and broke it 3-4 times.
12. I can play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on mom's old violin.
13. My favorite songs are As the Deer, Come Thou Fount and Sanctuary
14. I hardly ever listen to music, but….
15. I love to sing!
16. I love to be able to hold babies and serve others in our church family.
17. I play the piano and the play the clarinet
18. I was in a homeschool band for 3 years.
19. I've sewn 8 purses; 3 in the last month.
20. I have a cream colored bulletin board in my room.
21. I have 3 clocks in my room.
22. I have 2 pen-pals.
23. I have at least 6 nick names.
24. I collect stuffed animals.
25. I like Winnie the Pooh!
26. The ironing board's in my room.
27. Our ironing board cover is green with white dot thingy's.
28. I recently went through and cleaned my closet and under my bed.
29. Half of my dresser drawers are filled with fabric.
30. I still have clothes of my dad’s and brother’s in my closet from when I ironed them 2 weeks ago!
31. My favorite scents are vanilla, freshly baked bread, and cinnamon.
32. I use Google Reader.
33. My computer takes 10-15 minutes to boot up.
34. I know very basic HTML and BBCode
35. Part of our backyard fence is still down.
36. My birthday's soon!
37. I've only taken my dog to the vet once since we got him 2 years ago.
38. I have over 80 spools of thread in my room.
39. I don't have a single nail hole in my wall.
40. I haven't scrapbooked in forever!
41. I will not allow white furniture in my room. (but there is a white bookshelf in my closet...)
42. I've never used the # sign in a sentence. ('til now)
43. Never liked bracelets.
44. I don't like bright colors.
45. I have a 2009 puppy calendar stuck in my drawer!
46. There's a grey rock looking bouncy ball sitting right next to me with white, black, yellow, and red dots in it.
47. I try to hand-make all my cards.
48. Once we accidentally drove into Mexico.
49. My computer doesn't sense any kind of CDs on my CD drive.
50. I don't like forwards.
I tag. Allison from Letter From Christ, Caleb from Ember Island, and Moriah from Growing In His Amazing Grace.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Isn't it interesting how different he looks in each picture?
Please comment and tell me which one's your favorite! My kind sister Allison took all the pictures (if I remember correctly) Thanks Ally!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
singer sewing machine has started to tangle and I couldn't figure Brother Machine (which I grew to love) until I could get a new one. I had wanted one like my sister but ever expected it to be a Embroidery and Sewing
Machine! So I was very excited about it. Here are some pictures of it and what I have done with it. I haven't done any real embroidery just a little practicing.
Ah yes. Unfortunately my Machine does not have spell check. I noticed I spelled Friend incorrectly during the sewing project! And I ran out of room so I could not finish the phrase.
Note: After I wrote this post I bought 61 colors of Embroidery thread off E-bay and am eagerly awaiting their arrival!