Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The first week of school...

I have completed my first week of 8th grade home education. I have disclosed the fact that the first week of school is always the most tedious, however, still exciting. My morning agenda is filled to the brim with book work and P.E. It consisted of Latin of the Christian Trivium, Worldviews of the Western World year III by David Quine, Spelling Power, Video Text Algebra, Literary Analysis, Apologia Physical Science , Shurley Grammar and an Excellent in Writing course concerning essay writing. I then am given a short amount of time to eat lunch before we begin our voice exercises. Following voice is chores, Arts and Crafts with the little boys, and piano, then free time until dinner. My free time is compacted with sewing, reading, computer, and extra piano. I am also given the option that if I desire I may start studying for an upcoming computer DSST test with my two older siblings. This first week of home education has been considerably delightful as I have been able to fill most of my time productively.

Katie

5 comments:

Allison said...

Haha! You sound like a character from Pride & Prejudice or something. ;) Excellent writing though!

Lauren said...

I am in 8th grade too, though I am not homeschooled. I first have English at 7:55, then Writing, Gym, band, history, luch, science, math, and then spanish.

It starts tommorow for me!!!! I got good teachers too.

Moriah said...

I awarded you!

Kristen said...

Wow, Katie, you sound busy! Hope it is going well. I agree with Allison, your writing is great! I love the signature you created as well -- very beautiful and professional-looking.

Moriah said...

I awarded you!