Well I guess you can say "sewing season" is here! I'll be hitting Christmas presents, fall and winter skirts and dresses, and a few other things. Thus I'll have a lot of pictures in the upcoming weeks, but I'll try to sit down and write a post or two as well. In the meantime here are some notebooks I made a week or so ago. I'm in the process of making more.
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
1) Sewing is my absolute favorite thing to do with stamping and piano a close second. Its a practical skill and another great way to use some of my creativity!
2) I found out recently that my mom wants me to design and make her a couch cover. That may be a little over my head...
3) Because of my personality type I think I can do more then I really can, in other words I bite off more then I can chew. Like when I was sewing Christmas presents last year for Grandparents and I messed up on all of them; let's not go into detail.
4) I basically get all my inspiration from pictures! I look at tons of different pattern pictures and tutorials take a bit from each and designs my own. With the exception of one of my purse designs where I was half way inspired by a book I had, but mainly designed it myself and this other purse pattern I'm creating.
5) I LOVEribbon and buttons! Nothing is better than adding ribbon bows and buttons to things I sew. :)
6) In my past 8 months I've made over 600 inches worth of bias tape, and gotten pretty good at it too! Mainly from doing baby shower towels, and considering each one takes about 150 inches and I've made 4 in the past 6 or so months. That's approximately 12 feet per towel, or 48 feet in all. Guess I really should look into one of those bias tape makers. Hmm...
7) I do not like sewing clothes nearly as much as I do accessories. Such as wallets, purses and bags, hair ribbons, baby accessories, etc. Just about anything that's not clothes. Mainly because I have to, what I call, 'edit' the patterns which to me is not really fun. Maybe if I got one of those dressforms. *signs* Maybe someday.
8) I am not a perfectionist but when it comes to sewing I find myself being more of one! I continually tell my sister "Allison they're not going to look at each stitch and notice 'Oh look she messed up on one stitch there'" Half, if not more, of the stuff I make and giveaway, to me, does not look worth giving.
9) I am working with a young girl to help improve some of her basic sewing skills. And while doing this trying to improve my own.
10) You do not want to see my room while I'm in the middle of a sewing project! It's a disaster! When I'm in the middle of something, like a sewing project, I don't clean it up till I'm finished. So my room does not look inviting. While just the other day I was in the middle of making lots of cards, 24 in fact, and around the end my Dad saw my room and said it looked like a tornado and a cyclone came through.
Seth found out that Teddy Bear day, or what he calls Pooh Day, was September 9. For weeks he had been talking about getting a Pooh for Teddy Bear day and he did. I was sewing for an upcoming baby shower and just happened to be using Winnie the Pooh fabric so mom suggested I make Seth a pooh bag with the extra.
Later, after I had given Seth the bag, I heard him yell "Where's Katie?" then his feet pounded on the floor as he ran up the stairs and across the hallway. As I turned to see what he wanted I was met with a big hug! Now isn't that cute?
Wait there's more...
It just so happened that a few days earlier I was practicing with some pooh fabric on a scrap of towel. As I went down to show mom this idea I had using the scrap I just mentioned I found that she and Dad had gone out.(boy time flies when you sew!). Instead, Seth was standing there asking what the thing was I had in my hand. (It had Pooh on it, so of course he was curious)
This conversation then followed:
Me:"Its for you!"
Seth;"For me! Whats is it?"
Me: "Um... I'm not sure"
Seth;"I'm sure it perfect for... um.. something!"
See I told ya I had the cutest brother!
Oh and there was also the time where he said "I'm scared." Allison replied, "of what?" "Myself".