Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Change or Two

Generally when someone creates a blog they do a welcome post or what I like to call a purpose post. They inform you to some extent what their blog is going to be about and what they hope to post, so as to provide you a suggestion of what to expect. In my “history” of blogging I have never done this and I regret it. That is why I am doing it now; but not as you might think. This is not going to be a “Hello and welcome to my blog” kinda post but a quick look at my worldview and what I hope to accomplish in my current blog.
When I took a 3 month computer break I really began to notice the lack of purpose in my blog. I played through my mind what my blog looked like and how purposeless it really was.
Here are 2 things I like about other blogs and that I plan on adding into my own.
  • I want my blog to be pleasing to the Lord. Mathew 5:16 says,"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven." . My blog, and everything I do, should not be done me for but for God glory so that He may receive all praise. My sister did an excellent post called Representative of Christ that I would encourage you to read.

  • I want my blog to be encouraging and meaningful to others. I feel it is important that my blog not only pleases God but is also encouraging to others. All my posts may not fall under that category completely, such as an occasional picture post or tag, but that is my goal.


I hope to apply these things to most, if not all, of my posts. I hope you receive some sort of idea of how I plan on improving my blog.
Thanks for reading!
Blessings,


1 comment:

Allison said...

Great purpose Katie! Keep up the good work! :)
Love,
Allison