Friday, February 20, 2009

61 and counting!

I mentioned a an earlier post that I had just bought 61 colors of embroidery thread! They arrived a few weeks ago. I haven't had much time to embroider with my new machine but here is what I've done so far. Enjoy!

This was the first project I set out to do. I had picked it out before hand and couldn't wait to get started! Its a bushel of flowers. The 3 roses and done in 2 different shades of pink, then there are blue/purples violets type flowers, and the leaves and steams are done in 2 different color greens.
The original was more purpley but I wanted it to match my room so I picked out different color green and changed the roses to pink.
I did this when I was playing around with different borders. I embroidered a heart border with the half circle look then I spelled "Love" and embroidered it in the the middle of the heart.

Unfortunately because I did this in yellow its hard to see. It's really beautiful and incredible detail.

God Bless,

1 comment:

Haley said...

Hey Katie,
Those are really pretty! I've given you a blogging award. Head over to my blog and check it out.