Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day

Every Fathers Day and Mothers Day at church the children have a time where they are able to share something their Father/Mother has done in there lives and/or share what they like about their Father/Mother. Below is what I wrote and read to honor my Father today. I know the rhythm of the poem is not perfect, it was written on Saturday and I am not a poet. I hope you all had a special chance to really honor your Father today!

Today is a special day when I have the chance to really honor my father.
I wanted to focus on my dad many character quality's. After listing them I decided to combine them into a poem.
It has been a humongous blessing to have a dad who loves God with all his heart, soul, and mind. I named this poem A Fathers Love because I hope to express all the love I have received from the Father and how much I am truly grateful to God for him.

A Fathers Love
Written By Katie
My Father loves me very much for he shows me everyday,
as he prays for me and provides me with plenty of food, fabric and praise.
He patiently teaches me my square roots and right angles,
and gives me praise when I achieve the goal of a new purse style.
He diligently teaches me a Biblical way of thinking,
and shows me that God is not a once a week thing.
His laughers rings through the house as we sit down to play a game,
and he leads us in family worship every night as we read, sing, and pray.
His goal in life is this, that through him others may give glory to God,
And set an example for others to follow God.
He homeschools his children so they will not be touch by the things of this world,
for that would tear down our faith, but
he may now teach and nurture us about Gods holy ways.
He is very wise indeed for his vision is not small,
but extends great indeed, for generations to follow.
Every day he strives to gain his children hearts,
I would have to say he's gained mine more then once.
My fathers love is great and he deserves to be honored,
not just once a year but every day to follow.
There are men in the world who are great by far,
But my dads best for me 'Cause he was picked by God,
To protect me and keep me safe from the worlds evil taunts,
he has done so all his life and will continue on and on.
My daddy's love has shown me so much through the years,
it would take all day to express how much he really cares.

I love you Daddy!
God Bless!


P.s. Sorry to confuse you guys, but I accidentally posted a post named "Summer Goals" which I meant to schedule, and when I went back to fix it (it was late at night!) I accidentally rescheduled my Fathers Day post instead of my Summer Goals post. My Summer Goals post will be posted the 25! ~Katie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that has happened to me (scheduling posts) a lot. i just copy it then delete it. then make a new post to schedule it.

Anonymous said...

oh, i had been wishing you had a followers gatdet, then today i descovered it. i follow it.

thanks for having this blog!

Katie said...

Lauren Ann: Yes thats what I ended up doing, just twice as many times as I thought I would have.
Thank you for Following!
Blessings,
~Katie