Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Joy of Running...

Well I haven't quite gotten it yet, but I'm working on it! (well the joy of running that is) A mother from church, Mrs. Tigges, offered to teach an eight week running class to my family and Caleb's family. We gladly accepted. At 9 A.M. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays we get together at a nearby park and walk, jog, and run. We started Monday and its been fun and a real blessing! I've learned how out of shape I am! Monday we started off slowly. We stretched then walked around a small loop for warm up, then walked for 2 minutes then jogged for 2 minutes. Even though it was for such a short period of time is was still hard. Wednesday we stretched then walked around a small loop for warm up, then walked for a minute, jogged for a minute, then ran for a minute. We repeated that process 3 times. Fortunately for her students, Mrs. Tigges is very kind and encourages us to stop and walk if we feel the need.

My goal this summer is, at the end of the eight weeks, to be able to run at least a mile, hopefully 30 minutes continuously running/jogging/walking. I am really looking forward to these next seven weeks. It is such a blessing to see how Mrs. Tigges finds joy in running and is taking the time to teach us!

Blessings All,

2 comments:

Amber said...

I share your thoughts about running, Katie. It's hard, but it is fun at the same time. You know what they say-no pain, no gain!
The best part about the running program is that we can give all praise and glory to God while we run. Everything we do can give glory to Him, even running.
I'm looking forward to the next class on Monday!
~Tiffany

Moriah said...

It is fun! Although, I haven't done the running yet. :I